Extraordinary business results are produced in organizations that have extraordinary leaders. The cry and desire for great leaders and great managers for great organizations is more critical now than ever before.
This course guides participants in building their own foundation of leadership through the exploration of personal vision, values and style. With this personal foundation, participants will learn new skills and behaviors that will enhance their ability to lead others. This course will be customized so that participants will learn the fundamental concepts of effective leadership while addressing their organization’s specific leadership challenges and cultural issues.
At the end of the training, participants are expected to:
- Define what leadership is, and how it is applied at all levels of the organization
- Answer the question as to whether leaders are born or made
- Distinguish between management and leadership
- Understand the basics of leadership and motivation
- Understand the different leadership styles
- Understand your style of leadership
- Determine what is necessary to lead teams and organizations, and how to integrate this with business management
- Develop skills in communicating, influencing, and negotiating with peers, subordinates, and senior managers
- Become adept at assessing leadership traits and qualities in ourselves and others
- Appreciate the importance of organizational culture and the leader’s role in establishing it
- Understand the key success factors for successful Management of Change in dynamic organizations
- Appreciate the critical role of leadership today- why there are too many leaders, and very little leadership