Conflict can arise due to differing opinions, approaches to situations, or from emotional disturbance. Whilst conflict is a natural occurrence, it is our response which must be managed to ensure a positive outcome. Using strategies such as emotional intelligence, negotiation skills and assertiveness can help to resolve conflict. When approached properly, conflict can foster creativity and more innovative solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Conflict situations in the workplace
- Strategies for managing conflict
- Conflict management styles
- Needs and wants in conflict situations
- Negotiation and mediation in conflict
- Assertiveness in conflict
- Strategies to minimize future conflict
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
- Learn how to respond to situations with an assertive approach e.g. meetings, bullying
- Feel confident you can negotiate a solution
- Reduce anxieties associated with confrontations
- Learn how to take steps to avoid conflict arising
HOW WILL YOUR ORGANIZATION BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
- Staff are equipped with the skills to handle difficult situations before escalating them
- Reduce the instances of conflict and bullying
- Improved team morale as potentially aggressive conflict is downgraded